Custom Search

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Alex Silva bids farewell to Sao Paulo

Alex Silva admits he has unfinished business in Brazil after completing his transfer from Sao Paulo to Hamburg.
The 23-year-old, who helped Brazil clinch bronze at the Olympics last month, left the reigning two-time Brazilian champions to move to the German Bundesliga side on a five-year deal on Monday.
However, the defender has promised to return to Sao Paulo in the future and said: "My spell here is not complete as I would have loved to win a Copa Libertadores and a [Club] World Cup."
He added: "Anyway, I can look back on a successful time, as nobody knew me before and I won two Brazilian leagues.
"Sao Paulo signed me with a lot of defects, but now I leave as a complete man.
"I want to make history and be a leader of the [Hamburg] team. Then I hope I can come back to Sao Paulo to end my career."
The move marks the second time Alex Silva has plied his trade in Europe following a stint with Rennes in 2005, although injuries meant he failed to make a first-team appearance for the French side.
"Hamburg is a big team, although they are not known too much in Brazil," he added.
"They are an excellent club. They are second in their league and fight for titles."

Tuesday 2nd September 2008
by www.espnstar.com/football

No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore