Custom Search

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Villa at home in Valencia

Valencia forward David Villa insists that he "would never do to Valencia what Robinho has done to Madrid".
Villa became one of the most sought-after signings of the summer following his performance with Spain at Euro 2008, with Real Madrid in particular becoming strong candidates to land the 26-year-old.
However, he put an end to speculation over his future on August 27 by putting pen to paper on a deal which ties him to Valencia until 2014.
Madrid tried again to sign him at the 11th hour on transfer deadline day following the shock departure of forward Robinho to Manchester City.
But 'El Guaje' insists he could not leave his club in the same way Robinho left Madrid.
He told Spanish newspaper AS: "I would never do to Valencia what Robinho has done to Madrid, because I'm grateful to the club for everything they have done for me.
"I don't want to criticise Robinho because I don't know his situation, but I wouldn't have done it."
Villa also claimed he never had any intention of leaving Valencia despite the list of big names being linked to him.
He insists he left the club to deal with the entire transfer saga, and says the fact they chose not to sell him in spite of their financial difficulties showed him how much he was worth to his employers.
"I was never going to force Valencia to let me go," he explained.
"I feel great here, I owe so much to Valencia and it was always the club's decision. I stayed out of the way.
"I was really happy when Valencia rejected the offer, not for not going to Madrid, but because it was a sign of the confidence they had in me and I felt very valued.
"They chose to keep me instead of taking the money. Valencia valued me more.
"On the Wednesday at 1pm I accepted the offer over the phone. Then at 6pm I signed and for me that was that.
"I never asked for a pay rise, nor a contract extension. It was the club who offered these things to Silva and me after Euro 2008.
"It makes you feel important and loved and for me that's very important."

Thursday 4th September 2008

No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore