Custom Search

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Poldi: Mistake to move to Bayern

Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski has admitted it was a mistake to move to the Bundesliga champions two years ago.
The Germany international joined Bayern from Cologne in 2006 after being unable to prevent his hometown club from a second relegation to the second division in three years.
He had previously proved his pedigree with 10 goals in his first 19 Bundesliga games and a further 24 in the second division which earned him a place in the Germany national team - a place he has not since relinquished.
However, he has not managed to hold down a regular starting berth in the Bayern first team over the past two years and, despite impressing in pre-season, does not seem set to do so this season either.
"Obviously, it is not so much fun at Bayern right now," he said.
"If things go on like this then I will have to consider my options.
"I would be a bad footballer if I were to be happy with a place on the bench. I am not moaning, I am just angry not to be starting games."
The 23-year-old was the focus of intense transfer speculation this summer with Cologne eager to bring him back home.
In the end, no offer was actually put to Bayern, whose coach Jurgen Klinsmann had promised the slate had been wiped clean and Podolski was on a par with Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni in the battle for two places in his side's attack.
But after starting against Hamburg, when Toni was injured, Podolski has had to watch the last two Bundesliga games from the bench.
"I feel like I am on a big wheel - things keep going up and then down again," he explained in an interview with the Bild newspaper.
"I am disappointed with the situation. If I had known that it would go like this, then no, I would not have signed (for Bayern)."
Podolski's affection for Cologne remains strong, though, and should they be able to accumulate enough funds to buy him in January, the Germany striker would not think twice.
"Cologne would always be an option for me and everybody knows that," he added.
"If I were to receive offers, it would be negligent of me not to consider them.
"I have no fear of moving abroad either - anything is possible."
Bayern's next game is against Cologne and, should Podolski score, he has promised not to celebrate - like when he scored against Poland, his family's home country, at Euro 2008.

Thursday 4th September 2008

No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore