Custom Search

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vijay withdraws from Asia events

Vijay Singh will skip a pair of Asian events to take a two-month break in order to recover from niggling injuries.

The 45-year-old, who clinched the PGA Tour's FedEx Cup play-off title on Sunday, was scheduled to compete at the Iskandar Johor Open in Malaysia from October 30 to November 2 and the HSBC Champions in Shanghai from November 6 to 9.

However, the Fijian will now miss both events and is not scheduled to return until the Father/Son Challenge and the Tiger Woods World Challenge, both in December.

"I've been hurt a lot," said Singh, who spent his formative years as a professional golfer in Asia.

"My arm still hurts and my back still hurts, so I'm going to take some time off and get myself in good shape physically and see if I can come out stronger."

Singh finished in a tie for 22nd at the season-ending Tour Championship last weekend but secured a USD 10 million bonus for winning the FedEx Cup following victories at The Barclays and Deutsche Bank Championship.

by espnstar.com/golf/news

No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore