Custom Search

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Serena pulls out of Kremlin Cup

World number one Serena Williams has withdrawn from the Kremlin Cup as she is sidelined with an ankle injury.

Serena, who was upset by China's Li Na in the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix on Wednesday and will lose her number one ranking to Jelena Jankovic on Monday as a result, revealed she has been suffering from an ankle injury since winning the US Open last month.

"My left ankle has been bothering me since the US Open and I need to take a break now to get it back to 100% which is why I have to regretfully take this decision and withdraw from the doubles in Stuttgart and Moscow next week," she said in a statement on the Kremlin Cup website.

"I have played a lot this year and my body needs to recover. It's obviously my goal to try and get the No 1 ranking back and it hurts my chances pulling out of Moscow since I reached the final there last year.

"My only wish now is that with a week to 10 days of rest I can recover and be at my best for the Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha."

by espnstar.com/tennis/news

No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore