Custom Search

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ronaldinho predicts return to top

AC Milan Ronaldinho is predicting he will soon return to his powerful best after settling into Italian football.

The Brazil international admits he has been given a new lease of life with his move from Barcelona to AC Milan this summer and the South American star is eager to again delight the world with his magic touch.

"I hope I can return to be number one in the world in little time," said Ronaldinho in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I am working intensely to achieve this. I'm at a stage of adapting to my new circumstances and my only concern right now is to regain my form and add consistency to my performances.

"This year I have played little and won nothing.

"But in 2009 if I am in good condition, I will be among the favourites for the Ballon d'Or."

Ronaldinho, who signed a three-year contract with the Milan outfit and was the Rossoneri's top summer signing at 21million euros, has no regrets to have left the Primera Liga after five campaigns playing for Barca.

"It was simple," he said. "A cycle had ended at Barcelona. We had won everything and what happened next was part of life."

The move to the San Siro has, however, denied Ronaldinho of playing this season in Europe's elite club competition, with Milan having failed to qualify for the tournament after a fifth-placed finish in Serie A last term.

"I miss the Champions League because it is the most beautiful tournament," he said. "But at Milan we want to win the UEFA Cup and the Scudetto."

by espnstar.com/football/serie-a/news

No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore