Custom Search

Monday, September 8, 2008

Evans backs Berbatov to shine

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans has backed Dimitar Berbatov to take the club forward after sealing a £30.5million move from Tottenham.

The 20-year-old Northern Ireland defender has twice faced his new team-mate and twice ended up on the losing side.

"He is someone who can make a difference to a game," said Evans. "Berbatov has a great touch for a big man and is a very good player. I am just glad he is now at United. On the other hand I know I will have to be at my best in training."

Berbatov's move to United has considerably raised his profile, especially in Bulgaria, where he is skipper of the national side.

And he found himself having to answer some difficult questions in the wake of their 2-2 draw again Montenegro in a World Cup qualifier at the weekend.

Berbatov failed to score and told Focus News: "What do I care if there is more criticism?

"There will always be situations where I will miss. If I were to score in every situation, I would have arrived at Manchester United five years ago.

"It is normal to have more expectations for me but I am an ordinary person and sometimes I do things wrong."

by espnstar.com


No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore