Custom Search

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Nadal juggernaut rolls on

World number one Rafael Nadal crushed Viktor Troicki in straight sets to move into the round of 16 at the US Open on Saturday.
The world number one did not have it all his own way in the opening two sets but always had too much for the Serbian as he won 6-4 6-3 6-0.
The first set was tight until Troicki served at 4-5. Nadal seized on his opponent's nerves to break and take the opener in 41 minutes.
Troicki recovered well and broke Nadal for a 2-1 lead in the second but the Spaniard raised his game to storm back.
He broke back twice to take a commanding two-set lead.
The third was not a contest, Nadal strolling through it in 26 minutes to set up a clash against American Sam Querrey.
Querrey stunned 14th seed Ivo Karlovic in their third-round encounter.
After a tough start against German Bjorn Phau in the first round, Nadal has improved with each match and said that he is beginning to approach top form.
"I am starting to play better," Nadal told reporters after clinching his 41st win in his past 42 matches.
"Today I played better than the last days. I started playing well and today I served very well."
Having added Olympic gold to his two grand slam titles this year, Nadal is the favourite to end Federer's hopes of a fifth straight US Open triumph.
His later than usual arrival in New York, though, meant he has taken more time to find his feet.
"The truth is that I was practising much better yesterday than the (first few) days," Nadal said.
"I think I am ready to play a good match in the fourth round. I know I have to play a good match if I want to win."

Sunday 31st August 2008
by www.espnstar.com/tennis

No comments:

Football Livescore

Tennis Livescore

Basketball Livescore